The very first words God ever spoke to mankind was:
"Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth…” [Gen 1:28]. We looked at what the significance was of fruitfulness.
- Our fruit Glorifies God. John 15:8 & Matt 5:19
- Fruit reveals what He is really like. Gal 5:22-23
- It brings Heaven to earth (His Kingdom). Matt 6:10
- It brings people into freedom.
- Jesus looked for fruit. Matt 21:19
- Fruit releases the life of God & builds others up.
- We are incredibly fulfilled when we are fruitful. John 4:34
- It answers the important question of significance.
We also looked at what fruit our Lord is wanting to bring forth from our lives.
In John 15 Jesus speaks again about fruitfulness and we spent some time looking at a few things HE said like: Glorified; Much fruit; Lift up; Prune; Abide!; Chose &
appointed . By far the most significant thing is 'ABIDE'. If Jesus is calling us to a season of fruitfulness then He is also calling us to increased 'abiding' - remaining in Him & staying connected to Him!