His People Church was started in Pietermaritzburg, in 2005, by Ps. Jacques and Jenny Oberholzer and a team of church planters, sent from His People Church in Cape Town.
They came with a vision to plant a strong local church, with one foot in the Community of Pietermaritzburg and one foot on the University Campus (UKZN). A church committed to making disciples and raising up leaders.
They started Sunday church Services in Ps. Jacques and Jenny's home but soon were needing to find a bigger venue. So, in 2006 a door opened for them to move to Ridge J.P. School Hall, right next to the University Campus of UKZN.
In 2008 Ps. Jacques attended a Healing School at Bethel Church and was deeply impacted by the power and presence of God. This overflowed into the church as many people had life changing encounters with God and were healed.
The Lord spoke to them about their own church building and miraculously provided their building in 2017, at 154 Birkett Road, Scottsville, Pietermaritzburg. God is faithful!
Our 3 focus areas as a Church are to:
- "Dig a well of His presence",
- "Make Disciples" &
- "Build a strong local Church".
|Core Leadership Team|
Senior Pastors:Jacques & Jenny Oberholzer
Core Leadership Team:Jacques & Jenny Oberholzer, Mawande Mazibuko, Awonke Mbangi, Ntokozo Madlala
Campus Ministry Leader:Sasa Mkhombo
We are part of the EVERY NATION Churches & Ministries.
Click HERE to visit the EVERY NATION web site
- We remain focused on Christ—above vision, man, doctrine, or experience. We put all our energy into pointing people to nothing and no one else but Christ. [Colossians 1:17-18]
- Spirit Empowered: We welcome and celebrate the presence and power of the Holy Spirit, who enables us to honour God and become effective witnesses of the gospel. [Acts 1:8]
- Socially Responsible: We demonstrate the compassion and character of Christ to the community and culture that we are in. [Prov 14:31]
About Ps Jacques and Jenny
|Ps Jacques & Jenny|
Soon after graduating from University they got married and moved to Port Elizabeth where they helped to start His People Church and they launched and ran the Bible School. This while both working full time in their vocations, Jacques as an Engineer and Jenny as a high School teacher.
In 2001 they moved back to Cape Town for a season of further ministry training, they were ordained as pastors and joined the full-time pastoral team until the Lord called them to plant His People Church in Pietermaritzburg in 2005.